Food has some superpower which has the ability to transport us to different places, cultures, and experiences, sometimes even takes us back in time to our childhood. One such place that made me feel nostalgic and helped fill a void in Hamilton Food scene is “Milan – Ultimate Indian Street Food” located at Barton Street Hamilton. According to me, Hamilton lacked a good chat point and Milan did come as a saviour. Now, we do not have to travel too far for a good chat. This place offers some good Indian Street Food and I am sure you would have an awesome experience. Their customer service is really good that they serve all the customers with a smile on their face.
Our Recommendations: This pure vegetarian restaurant has many dishes to offer but here are some of our recommendations.
- Bhakhri Pizza: This is a must try if you are a fan of fusion food. Bhakhri is a type of round, unleavened Indian flatbread made from whole wheat flour, water, and spices. The base of the pizza is Bhakhri and is topped with vegetables like capsicum(green pepper), and onion. The taste of the pizza is increased thanks to the adequate sprinkling of shredded cheese. This cheese is usually not melted. Verdict: Must Try
2. Paneer Club Sandwich: Try this awesome sandwich if you are looking for some zesty, tangy and spicy snack. Layers of soft bread spread with mint chutney, overdose of Paneer Burji and combination of vegetables like tomatoes, onion, and beetroot. The paneer burji is made by marinating the cottage cheese with spices and pan-frying them with onions, adding a rich savoury element to the sandwich. Additionally, this is served with potato chips on the side. Caution, one order of this could fill a stomach. Verdict: Must Try
3. Pav Bhajji: Pav Bhajji is something that you cannot miss here. Bhajji is vegetable curry made with potatoes, carrots, and peas blended with richnesses of spices and herbs. Additionally, the Bhajji is garnished with chopped onions, cilantro, and a squeeze of lemon. Pav is soft bread toasted with butter or ghee. This dish captures the very essence of Indian street food culture and could be had for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Verdict: Good try.
4. Ragada Patties: The ragda, is a flavourful stew of white peas, is spiced with a blend of masalas. The patties refers potato tikkis which mashed potatoes coated with breadcrumbs and deep fried in oil. This is a popular street food in India and you would not go wrong placing this order. The dish is served with mint and sweet chutneys garnished with coriander. Verdict: Could Try
Other worthy mentions
- Paani poori – hollow, crispy puris filled with a mixture of spiced potatoes, chickpeas, and tamarind chutney),
- Sweet paan
- Vada Pav
- Chuntney cheese sandwich (This is lighter than the paneer club sandwich).
Areas of improvements:
Obviously, as patrons we do expect more from this awesome family run franchise. Some recommendations from us would be,
- Live Pani Poori Counter
- Paper bowls instead of plastic bowl.
- Add some south Indian flavours like onion masala samosa
Location: 2415 Barton St E, Hamilton, ON L8E 2W9
Restaurant Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2.
I would go there any day for a tasty food with a good ambience. Further, the friendly staff who love serving you good food makes it a even better experience.